Affiliations Mumbi Nkonde
Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust: I work part time as a Grants Officer on the Rights and Justice Programme at the Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust, a Quaker trust which supports people who address the root causes of conflict and injustice within the UK.
- Payment. This is my main source of income.
- Expectations. I am contracted to work three days a week.
- Potential conflict of interest: Part of my role is to support people applying and read over applications and make comments on them. These groups may then also apply to LEAP Collective.
Black Lives Matter UK: I am a member within Black Lives Matter UK. a member-led, campaigning organisation, working towards collective liberation and fighting for all Black lives within the UK and internationally.
- Payment: My role is voluntarily.
- Expectations: I attend bi-weekly meetings but the expectations may shift depending on workload.
- Potential conflict of interest: This is a group that may need to access funding or have members that may want to join LEAP collective in the future.
GLC Story: I am a Co-founder of The GLC Story, an community oral history and archival project, exploring radical social left history under the Greater London Councils in the 1908s. The project is now officially wrapped up.
- Payment: No longer applicable.
- Expectations. I may occasionally be invited to speak or facilitate events.
- Potential conflict of interest: Not applicable.
I am a member of London Renters Union.
I am a member of Independent Workers of Great Britain.
- Payment: Voluntary.
- Expectations: Taking part voluntarily in union organising and campaigning
- Potential conflict of interest: These are groups that may need to access funding or have members that may want to join LEAP collective in the future.