Leap prioritises the fair remuneration of labour of the group members at their request. We facilitate open and transparent conversations and decision making processes around the amount of compensation. These costs are explicitly provided to donors who wish to support Leap.
LEAP compensates contributions in the following way:
- Members of the Facilitation Group receive 1100€ + VAT per month for a commitment of two days per month.
- Interview partners and participants of consultation calls receive 200 € + VAT per call.
We aim to build trust into all interactions at LEAP. Compensation is paid if a person would not be able to contribute to LEAP without exploiting themselves. What counts as self-exploitation differs from person to person. Anyone who asks for it will be granted compensation based on their own assessment of their current needs. Below are a couple of guiding questions.
- Do I rely on incomes created by a partner, spouse or others by volunteering my time with LEAP?
- Do I need to pay for childcare/rely on my partner/others in order to participate in LEAP?
- Do I have all my current and part of my future needs (retirement) covered with my current income & social security arrangement?
As of 12 April 2021, LEAP has paid no money to any member of the Facilitation Group. 2 out of 5 members will get paid in the future. We will then disclose the total amounts paid.
Experiments reflect our commitment to the people and organisations working on systemic change, moving beyond the logic of ‘programmes’ or ‘projects’. Creating the space for personal connection and joint discussion and planning is what moves action forward, while giving time for reflection and care. We recognise that funding, although vital, is not the only need. Providing a network and a safe space for communities is just as crucial. Leap co-designs community experiments and provides the necessary facilitation, infrastructure and resources.